In Memoriam/A Day That Lives in Infamy

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Dec 5 08:56:16 PST 2001

``...the Bureau conducted a sophisticated vigilante operation aimed squarely at preventing the exercise of First Amendment rights of speech and association, on the theory that preventing the growth of dangerous groups and the propogation of dangerous ideas would protect the national security and deter violence.''

[quoted from US Senate Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations with respect to Intelligence Activities, COINTELPRO... fwd, Chip Berlet]

This now sounds more like is was taken from the justifying preamble to the current implimenting legislation to combat domestic terrorism, doesn't it?

But everything is changed since September 11th as we are constantly told, and we know they only intend to go after Arab-Americans and Muslims in general.

Chuck Grimes