STOCK MARKET!!!!

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Dec 5 10:30:25 PST 2001

STOCK MARKET!!!!

WYDTRAK WHAT is going on in the stock maret today? Nasdaq up 63 points, Dow up 163 point! It looks like Bush's tax cuts and Greenspan reducing the interest rate are FINALLY having a positive effect.

WYDTRAK Does anyone care about there money? primo I hope the market continues to improve. Living & Loving Yes, I invested last mth... Can you give me some good tips.....

Angela In Detroit Don't tell me you of all people are getting excited about a one day rally. I would expect you to react a little differently.

DLRBarry YEP, consumer confidence is on the rise!!! Praise the Lord, my portfolio needs it.

------------------ "The way to have an uncloudy day is to make a decision to see." -- C. Tillery Banks

WYDTRAK AID-- Anytime I make this much money in a day I get excited! Also, as I said, I think this rise might be steady because of the things that were put in place back at the beginning of the year by the government.

steelpulse dont believe the hype they are running to aid enron, and a few tech stock have rebounded, but only to try and show america the economy is good enough to go christmas shopping,

after the christmas shopping season things will be the same as usual, recession, recession, recession

amazing how they play the game

byDsign December usually is a "rally" month. After all, the Big fund managers have to move in and out of certain stock positions, trying to show an overall gain in their portfolios for the year. But usually, you can expect weakness in Jan and Feb.

Plan accordingly... or better yet, dollar-cost average and just work your investment plan.

jd37027 The important thing is that the DOW topped 10,000....which is a good "psychological" hurdle. People claimed that GW caused the downturn in the economy and that we would go into a recession followed by a depression. I couldn't tell by all the people I saw at the mall. Maybe we are in a "good recession". Hell, another $600.00 from ole Dubya would be nice for Christmas.LOL. steelpulse by his own admission the economy is doomed for a few years Bush also said he believes the economy is poised for a rebound, with low interest rates, lower energy prices and previously approved tax cuts kicking in during coming years.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/12/04/rec.bush.economy/index.html

REDBONE there=their money BTW I saw it yesterday. ------------------ Reach out and byte someone.

xonstructacles Something is afoot. I just don't have time to research the analysis's data to see what's up. ------------------ "To err is human. Ignorance? That's your own damned fault"

steelpulse enron got caught with its pants down, and now these so called buddies have to invest in the company for pay back reasons, this is a tactic to get the feds out of it, that stock was $90 and now its worth .45 cents aint no way in the hell they can make it back up james baker is on the board for enron, now something is wrong with that picture already

the feds are about to investigate enron because the big boys pulled their money out early, (just like what gw bush did) but told the 401k people that they coulddnt get rid of their stocks, now thats some foul shi* in itself

WYDTRAK I can tell that steelpulse is full of optimism about the economy due in part to the amount of money he has invested in the stock market. Question for you steel. You mentioned that a "few tech stocks have rebounded", then how do you explain the S&P 500 (which is a broader indicator) and the fact that it is up 21 points today?

[This message has been edited by WYDTRAK (edited December 05, 2001).]

e9cofer we do have a nice rally the last few days....however, if u were lucky enough 2 put new money 2 work and have a nice percentage gain..... take it... i'm selling some stocks in this rally..i did buy a few dcx...jpm...has... but overall i'm selling this spike up steelpulse Wydtrak As I said previously, dont believe the hype. Lets see what happens after the new year when the christmas holiday doesnt have anything to do with this economy. And in bushs' words, in coming years.

My stock are safe and secure in phillip morris (kraft) food is the only way to go

and of course the tech stocks are doing well, its christmas time, and everybody wants that cheap ass computer, just as the 0% interest sales helped car dealers, but we know that won't last too long, that finance manager has to make some money somehow

e9cofer steel put a stop in on the mo...it could pull back...and there are no safe stocks....geez these rookie investors... didnt the last 18mths show that...