Night of the living "dead generations"

Jim Westrich westrich at miser.umass.edu
Wed Dec 5 11:04:35 PST 2001

At 01:34 PM 12/5/01, you wrote:
>Max Sawicky wrote:
>
>>I too much prefer the pre-9/11 situation, but the new
>>landscape is not completely negative either.
>
>What's positive?

Yes, logic and civility have take a beating but there are positives.

Because of the increased screening and metal detection at airports, people are learning about metal implements left in them by surgeons.

http://seattlep-i.nwsource.com/local/49242_object04.shtml

Also, alcohol consumption is up (but one expects that in a downturn).

Peace,

Jim

"What's wrong with preaching to the converted? Even the converted need sustenance and entertainment."

-Stephen J. Raphael, friend of Earl Zinger