Herman responds

Gar Lipow lipowg at sprintmail.com
Wed Dec 5 20:45:59 PST 2001

>>Gee - and you were so polite in your original letter -- saying how you had "lost all respect" for Herman

>I never said that. Where is the "quote" from?

I clearly remembered it, but it did not happen. This is the second time in two months I have "remembered" someone say8ng something they did not. I believe the word for this is "confabulation" and it is scary because until recently, I have never done this (to my knowledge). On the other hand if I had not taken part in this discussion, I simply would have gone on remembering you as having said this. Is this simply something that happens to everyone that I somehow failed to notice, or do I need to worry?

In term of your sentence diagramming, I think the key word here is "central". A power can be expasionist, and not be the center of expansionism.