Re Enron

DsR wingnut2000 at usa.net
Wed Dec 5 21:20:18 PST 2001

John Mage <jmage at panix.com> wrote:

> The best story of the day, not so far as I've seen picked up by the
> business wires yet (if ever?) follows - keep in mind that total
> severance for the 4000 plus (that's just in Houston) mentioned in the
> filing is $18 million.

THe most forgotten bit of the story, not covered anywhere locally here in H-town or otherwise that I've seen, is that the $4500 severance check, after taxes, comes to only $2950 and no options to cash in. Ouch.

Glad I was laid off from there in 2000; the sale of my options at least gave me a bronze, if not golden, parachute.

- Deborah R.

____________________________________________________________________ Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1