Businessman's Strike in Venezuela

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Dec 6 07:36:38 PST 2001

Businessman's Strike in Venezuela

"John K. Taber" <jktaber at tacni.net>

Here is the NY Times article on a businessman's strike. They're not going to eat at Tarzilandia. Comments anybody? Am I being ridiculous in seeing a resemblance to the overthrow of Allende?

%%%%

CB: You are certainly not ridiculous in suspecting that the U.S. is trying to overthrow Chavez the way they did Allende. We will see whether the fact that Chavez is a colonel from the military means he has enough military support to withstand the U.S. spooks.

Here's another article:

Venezuela's "revolution" faces many obstacles.

by John Marshall and Christian Parenti In These Times <http://www.inthesetimes.org> December 10, 2001