"Sexually Egalitarian Imperialism"

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Dec 7 12:13:07 PST 2001

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>Wouldn't oil be far dearer if the USA had not succeeded in
>>destroying the populist-secularist-pan-Arabist left in the Middle
>>East?
>
>Probably not. As long as we live under capitalism, oil is likely to
>be traded as a commodity. There will be political attempts to
>manipulate the price, but I don't think they can be successful for
>very long. There's too much incentive for sellers to cheat, or
>operate outside the cartel.
>
>Which is why I thought it didn't make any difference for the oil
>markets had Iraq's hostile takeover of Kuwait succeeded. It would
>have made a difference for Kuwaitis, but that's another story.
>
>Doug

Suppose the entire Middle East had been governed by populist-secularist-pan-Arabist governments that could get together & assert common interests? What if? -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>