Islamism as fascism

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 7 13:28:44 PST 2001

Mike Ferro, which Italian-American organization in S.F.??? My Dad was just in town, and he has much more of an Italian identity than I, rootless cosmopolitan that I am, but, I'd like to pass on to him some literature from that group.

One thing I was recently surprised to see was a new book on the detention of large #'ers of Italian-Americans during WWII. I'll get the title later on today. Only other books I know that cast light on Italian-Americans are the memoir by Jerre Mangione, who was in the WPA Writers Project and the murder mystery, "Who Killed Carlo Tresca?, " by Dorothy Gallagher. (Tresca was a notable radical of the pre-WWII era, evidence points to Vittorio Vidali, a Comintern rep. in Spain during the Civil War hiring the Mob (Carmine Galante? don't have the book in front of me) to do the deed.

On why the Fascists in Italy were very reluctant to kill or otherwise repress Jews, see a book by Alexander Stille, that came out a few yrs. ago.