Left in the Midwest Re: Night of the living Yoshie

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 8 06:37:39 PST 2001

Actually, "Detroit: I Do Mind Dying" is more specifically it's about the Dodge Revolutionary Union Movement and the League of Revolutionary Black Workers. It is on my "10 Essential Books" list for understanding prospects for radical transformation in this country. The era it describes is over -- but the approach is still instructive.

By the way, I think the South -- not the Midwest -- is the lynchpin for progressive change. But I agree with the gist of Yoshie's argument.

Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 05:01:05 +0000 From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com> Subject: Re: Left in the Midwest Re: Night of the living Yoshie

.>What is, "But I Do Mind Dying"?

There's a good book: DEtroit: I Do Mind Dying, by Dan Georgakas (sp?) about Detroit in the 1970s. It concern sthe living conditions and struggles of flyovers who do not live on the coasts and don't matter, so you SF-NY-DC-LA types can ignore it.

jks