Yoshie's Options: USA or North Korea

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 17:05:45 PST 2001

I dont
>have to support either the US or North Korea...and by
>presenting the choice in that way, you certainly do
>little to encourage to take up the fight against
>capitalism....Right, we are supposed to be moved to
>fight for revolution when the object is to become like
>fucking North Korea...With choices like that, no
>wonder so many young people turn to doing "crack".

Thomas, Stalinism is OVER. The debate is finished. It's boring and irrelevant. It's not a threat, it's not a pole of attraction--not even, I bet, in N. Korea. I don't think we should stop studying it. I think that we on the left have a long hard pull to pry our ideals free of the muck it left. But nobody, not even Yoshie, supports Stalinism in any of its varieties. Despite his nostalgia for certain aspect of the FSU, neither does Charles. Leave it be. jks