Cocky-tales (was Re: [Enron fall-out])

DsR wingnut2000 at usa.net
Sat Dec 8 22:56:18 PST 2001

"pms" <laflame at mindspring.com> forwarded:
> Enron Collapse To Reshape South American Energy Markets

Back in '98, there was serious talk at Enron International about building a transcontinental pipeline from the British Isles, down along the coast of France to Gibralter and along the western coast of the African continent until it reached South Africa. The "pipedreams" fizzled when Skilling pushed forth his asset-free agenda and management, in general, finally realized the problematic political and safety issues of the countries in Africa they would have to strike deals with.

More telling than anything though, is a plexiglass "deal toy" that was given to Enron International attorneys and paralegals at the '98 corporate law conference. Stating the mission statement of the legal department, it said:

"Our mission: To provide promp and first rate legal service to Enron on a proactive and cost-effective basis.

Translation: We do big, complex, and risky deals without blowing up Enron."

Yes. In plexiglass, I kid you not. Question is, is mine now a collector's item or People's Exhibit No. XXXX?

- Deb R.

____________________________________________________________________ Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1