Shaw on Herman

Seth Ackerman sia at nyc.rr.com
Sun Dec 9 11:39:38 PST 2001

Luke Weiger wrote:

> Do you argue that the Serbian eviction of Kosovars didn't
> begin in earnest until NATO bombing

You're asking whether I think ethnic cleansing began with the bombing? Or just the existence of refugees?

> ignoring the +500,000 already expelled?

Maybe you mean internally displaced people, not people expelled from Kosovo. During the 1999 bombing, Milosevic expelled about 1 million Albanians from Kosovo, mostly to Macedonia and Albania. But on March 19 there were only 28,000 Kosovo refugees in Macedonia and Albania. The bombing started on March 24.

Seth