Yoshie's Options: USA or North Korea

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Dec 9 23:14:35 PST 2001

De gustibus non est disputandum, or no need arguing over tastes...Justin

In the muddy tide pools, slews, and warm inland water ways of the era of dinosaurs there lived a giant crocodile of truly gargantuan proportion, Super Croc, Sarcosuchus imperator---according to tonight's National Geographic. Modern ancestors of these predatory monsters are found today in many of the great heartland water ways of the United States.

I was struck by the concordance between these predators and our thunderous political movers and shakers from the same seamy regions. One can only wonder at what other marvels of prehistoric horror lay waiting to be unmasked in a thematic similitude with today's reptiles from the heartland---like the greater Herbertwalker plagiosaur, the lesser Bumsfeld teracactyl, or the fearsome Ashcroft tyrannosaurus. These and other species we are told, were infested with the same blood sucking nematodes of today (capital?), extruding their rhabditiform larvae through the anis, and infesting the brackish drinking holes of the local populations.

For now, I am sticking to the gentle western coastlines of Terribilus americanis where a thin strip of civilization seems to cling to dear life; where a weak sunlight, filtered through the primordial fogs and mists provides just a modicum of warmth and promise against a hinderland of horrible snorting nights calls and mewlings marking the challenges and matings, the comings and goings of a verdant and dark interior.

Chuck Grimes