Violence, was Re: Allies and opponents of US fall silent

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Wed Dec 12 16:31:52 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu>
> In other words, there is very little violence in the world today in
the
> sense of one person directly harming another. So where's the
problem? I
> don't see how biology or psychology enter into it, except in a
broadly
> 'permissive' way.

Except violence wouldn't be violence if persons-bodies weren't extinguished. You're too far over on the agent-structure spectrum Carrol, issues of supervenience aside. It's precisely the dehumanization and the institutional and or groupthink driven denial that it takes place as a condition of inaugarating aggression that's at issue.