[PNEWS] CONFLICT: Benny Morris: "The Arabs Are Responsible"

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Dec 10 12:21:54 PST 2001

[I asked a friend in Israel about the interview and he replied]

I am in Berlin and in the midst of my reading tour. Thus, only short replies at the moment. Yes, the interview being referred here made a big splash among the Left in Israel. Just imagine, Chomsky giving an interview in the NYT supporting the war in Afghanistan and blaming Third Wolrd countries for their own misery. It's part of the general atmosphere and he is not alone (David Grossman is another example). Every day you have former Leftists giving 'mea culpa' interviews and having to admit that the Right was right after all. In addition, Palestians are now refusing to meet at these Leftists meetings which were held over the years in Paris and London and other places, saying that there are no Leftist Israelis anymore, just Israeli colonizers and the time for talking to 'us' has passed. Thus, Carl Schmitt is alive and well in Israel.