Dems Fold on Ashcroft

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Dec 10 12:39:20 PST 2001

oh relax. I agree with most of what you say. I'm just hiding behind you.

And I'm not a right-wing s-d. I'm a flag-waving populist.

Actually I've always been tough on crime, and I've never even been mugged, and I've been a victim of serious police misconduct. Details not forthcoming; you'll have to wait for my memoirs. My first set-to on PEN-L was on a crime issue.

The only tribunal I want to preside over is the one that sends people to Hell for misstating opponents' positions in email, present company excepted.

mbs

>nathan is practicing for his future defense of guilty clients.
>" . . . ladies and gentlemen of the jury, who did Max Bialystock really
hurt? . . . "
>mbs

Max, you're taking this rightwing social democrat thing a bit far, as you move from war hawk to tough on crime "they're all guilty" assumptions about the accused. Heck, Ashcroft probably has a place for you overseeing tribunals if you keep this up :) Nathan