The Fading Altruism of Open Source Development

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 21:22:10 PST 2001

Can you give a summary for us stupid people who can't follow it too well?

He seems to be saying that even if open sourcers are motivated by 'intangible desires' they are still motivated to increase their material wealth...IE, the Capitalist market

I find his data rather dubious....But I am a complete idiot who needs things explained to him in clearer terms...

http://firstmonday.org/issues/issue6_12/lancashire/index.html

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 http://www.yaysoft.com