Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Dec 19 15:28:08 PST 2001

Not necessarily. There are union and state/local gov pension fund owners who have interests that are broader than rates of return. That's what this is really about.

Managers often are not constrained by shareholders. Sometimes this could lead to benign outcomes, sometimes to the opposite.

mbs

>hmmm ...excuse me but isn't it investors who demand the highest
>returns (profits) on their investments. Don't the CEOs and managers
>work for the investors? Are investors going to reverse the damage
>on people and the planet by having more control over management?
>Hell no, they are Wall Street.

Wow. Thanks for pointing this out. Ralph moves from the petit bourgeoisie to promoting the interests of big rentiers, while using a rhetoric of democracy. Nice trick.

At least they've got a prominent disability rights component.

Doug