Cockburn on "crackpot realism"

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Wed Dec 19 12:48:03 PST 2001

Hi,

We actually agree mostly, I meant The Nation magazine, not the Nation/State but your point is otherwise well taken. I have just been re-reading material on Shays' Rebellion and the role it played in federalism and the demand for a Bill of Rights. Good to read right now, because it exactly set up the relationship beween the rights of the people v. those of the state as a perpetual conflict, and healthy at that.

-Chip

State