No subject

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Wed Dec 19 10:20:06 PST 2001

And this from Ralph Nader " At Citizen Works, we remain focused on building citizen participation in power to advance justice." and then a list of goals the last of which is:

10. Strengthen investor-shareholder rights, remedies and authority over managers and officers and boards of directors so that those who own the companies also control them.

http://www.citizenworks.org

hmmm ...excuse me but isn't it investors who demand the highest returns (profits) on their investments. Don't the CEOs and managers work for the investors? Are investors going to reverse the damage on people and the planet by having more control over management? Hell no, they are Wall Street.

marta -- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA www.disweb.org