permissiveness: the cause of terrorism

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 14:27:59 PST 2001

>From: Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com>
>
>On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:22:45 "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>
>writes:
> > >Why when I read about Bloomberg, am I reminded of John
> > >Lindsay?
> > >
> > >Jim F.
> >
> > ... your memory is foggy. Lindsay was no billionaire.
>
>No otherwise his political profile seems rather similar.

I think billionaire status trumps everything else. Bloomberg reminds me more of Nelson Rockefeller.

>Whether Bloomberg who was elected with stratospherically
>high expectations can come close to meeting or whether
>things will spin out of control for him as they did for
>Lindsay, we will have to wait and see.

As I recall, God and organized labor proved Lindsay's undoing -- with the former serving up a snowstorm that municipal snow plows couldn't remove expeditiously in the outer boroughs, and the latter supplying Michael J. Quill of the Transport Workers Union, whose 1966 strike undermined Lindsay's credibility.

Carl