Attn Economists: International Rating Agencies

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Fri Dec 14 13:36:11 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Seay" <entheogens at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 12:42 PM Subject: Attn Economists: International Rating Agencies

> Can any of you economists (or anyone else for that
> matter) direct me to a good article(s) (preferable,
> but not necessarily, on the web) explaining the
> fundamentals, politics and impact of International
> Rating Agencies?
>
> Thomas

=========== A good place to start:

"Passing Judgement: Credit Rating Processes as Regulatory Mechanisms of Governance in the Emerging World Order." Review of International Political Economy, Volume 1, Number 1, Spring 1994, pp. 133-159.

The essay can be found in "Private Authority and International Affairs" editedd by A Claire Cutler, Virginia Haufler & Tony Porter, SUNY Press, 1999

Ian