permissiveness

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Fri Dec 14 11:11:29 PST 2001

cornel west and somebody else wrote something on this. I haven't read it. I have an aversion to this sort of book. --mbs

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Forstater, Mathew Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 12:16 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: permissiveness

I want to get back to the "permissive" parents issue. I used to listen to right-wing talk radio every once in a while when I lived in NY/Phila/DC areas, partly to keep up on the latest (enemy research) and part for the 'entertainment' value of some of the shows there (e.g. Bob Grant). But the only thing you get in outlying areas is either Rush L. or locals who are less entertaining, so I've been out of the loop for awhile. So I have never really heard Dr. Laura, e.g.

My question is, is there any good work either taking on the Dr. Lauras or simply on parenting from left/radical or even 'old fashioned' liberal (OFL) perspectives? It doesn't necessarily have to be recent, if there are classic refs those would be fine as well.

Thanks, Mat