On John Walker

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sat Dec 15 19:43:35 PST 2001

from Luke Weigher, fwd: Forgetting Afghanistan, Michael Kinsley, Slate, MSN]:

``...Walker seems to have played no active role in the prison camp uprising that killed CIA interrogator Mike Spann...

...Should we allow him a fancy lawyer and procedural protections undreamed of in the countries he seemed to prefer to his own?...''

Well whether the we should or not, Walker will be represented by Morrison and Foerster (mofo dot com) according to their pro bono manager, Kathy P. who was in the wheelchair shop today for tires. She said somebody whose wife is a judge (forgot the name) was going to handle the case. He is one of mofo's big league guys.

The real question is what to charge him with. Since Walker was wounded, tied up, under interrogation and torture by apple cheeked, small town all american, patriot, ex-marine, and CIA agent Michael Spann, it seems our Marin county filthy, dirty, drug crazed, hippy, gun totting Islamic fanatic couldn't actually have been part of the uprising that killed dear clean cut Mike, who we all know was just doing his job protecting his country (choke, sob, sniffle). And there is the other matter that friendly air strikes and bombing evidently killed the other US military personnel involved (bummer).

As my work bud, Larry said, they could alway charge him with SOS, stuck on stupid (his eleven year daughter's favorite expression for boys).

Chuck Grimes