[Fwd: [L-I] Re: Looting in Buenos Aires]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 19 15:12:53 PST 2001

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [L-I] Re: Looting in Buenos Aires Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:53:18 -0300 From: Gorojovsky <Gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar> Reply-To: leninist-international at lists.econ.utah.edu To: marxism at lists.panix.com, leninist-international at lists.econ.utah.edu,rad-green at lists.econ.utah.edu, attacorg at yahoogrupos.com.br,a-list at lists.econ.utah.edu

Just on my way to a road block. So that short.

The country is aflame. There have been repeated tear gassings in different towns, looting and occupation of public buildings by the population (included the Municipality (?) of Córdoba).

The Cámara de Diputados is debating two measures that will strip off Cavallo the "superpowers" that he had been granted. Most probably these will be elliminated. Cavallo, meanwhile, issues orders to the banks in order that they disobey the rulings by different judges.

Interestingly enough, the messages by Cavallo order the banks to refer to the "government" in case of conflict. That is, the judiciary is NOT the government.

Not surprisingly, the Executive is debating the possibility of decreeing the State of Siege.

Shall see.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar