How To Do What

Cian O'Connor cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 12:48:40 PST 2001

What about the free software movement? I'm skeptical myself. The exploitation by corporations for profit (most notably IBM), was pretty rapid. Whilest on the ideological front the anarchistic ideas of Richard Stallman have been gradually replaced by the libertarian/market ideological ideas of Eric S. Raymond. Still, it is an alternative and a flourishing one.

Do people think that competitive markets, where people had equal access to capital, would necessarily be a bad thing? One criticism that never seems to be levelled at western "market" economies - is that without equality of access to capital, there can be no equality of competition. I'm not sure how one would go about providing that equality though.