oh goody

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Dec 20 23:53:09 PST 2001

[embedding id chips, fwd, Ian Murray]:

``...Airlines, nuclear power plants and other sensitive facilities may want to use the chips for employees, they said. Some parents may consider embedding chips in young children or elderly relatives who may not be able to say their names, addresses or telephone numbers...

It depends on the spirit of the marketplace and the demand,..''

---------

Ah, yes the ID implant. It starts with the need for corporate security, and categories of protection, then it moves on to the classes of state dependents such as prisoners, those on parol, juveniles in foster care or child protective services, welfare recipients, certainly military personnel. I can think of dozens of uses and excuses, say tracking subjects in medical trials, HMO client requirements in cases of accidents and mishaps, Medicare/Medicaid recipients to ward off `fraud', overseas travel, legal aliens as part of the work permit, and on and on---all very practical and much needed reasons, for your own protection.

I could see temporary and subcutaneous applications as part of student id's to scan for access into dorm buildings and eliminate door locks, meal tickets, registration verification, library privileges, computer access, DMV requirement---the ultimate driver's license, social security number and voter registration. To help you get started in the credit world---over the counter scan for clothing, food, gas, all billed automatically. Special highly secured databanks and uniform registries for updating changes to the chip memory bank--all for a mandatory nominal fee of course.

Hey, lets not forget the thriving fake id businesses in the back of the tattoo parlors, message parlors, seedy downtown franchised dentists, anywhere with a thin reason to have quasi-medical stuff around to bop out that old, nasty, lying, credit card on hold, revoked DME, parol violating sex offender chip, and get a nice new, fresh, virgin, full credit, current DME, never been to prison chip put in.

So Murray, don't you worry your pretty little head one bit, we already have, ``...consider[d] carefully the broader implications,'

Mr. Murray said. `Alongside the possible benefits, it has the potential to be misused by forces who do not have your interests at heart.'' No shit. Never would have occurred to me. I trust my government, my employer, my bank, my credit card, my DME, my HMO, my ex-wife, and of course the criminal justice system of these wonderful United States of America. Yes sirry Bob.

Chuck Grimes