Finance and Economics

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Dec 21 14:29:11 PST 2001

It's news to me that Marx and Marxists are ignorant of the roles of innovation, knowledge, and competition. Sure there are some Marxists who adhere to a teleology of inevitable trustification, but not all, and certainly not me.

Doug

%%%%%%%

CB: Are you saying you are a Marxist ?

The old idea that Lenin didn't understand the Anglo-American stock market model vs. the German central bank model : that was probably a sympton of his adhering to the teleology of inevitable trustification. How about the teleology of inevitable hedgefundization ?

But then, wasn't Lenin thesis in imperialism merely a "teleology" of Marx's own analysis that capitalism tends to monopoly ? Well, time to look for it in Marx.