Afghanistan, the U.S. and Pakistan

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 21 21:14:51 PST 2001

Ian asks...this?

Heh, knew I should I have waited till I was back home!;-)

Here 'tis...guess I spelled this fellows name wrong, Ian, you found the only hit for the way I spelled it wrong.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Imtiaz+Rafi+Butt&spell=1 Michael Pugliese

http://www.afgha.com/categories.php?op=newindex&catid=1 Analysis: Afghanistan, the United States and Pakistan

Posted by Afgha.com - Jerome on Tuesday, December 18 2001 @ 20:21:27 MET (124 reads)

The Nation : Opinion Tuesday, December 18, 2001 Imtiaz Rafi Butt Afghanistan’s current misfor tunes actually began the day King Zahir Shah turned down Brezhnev’s proposal. It happened thus. Military operations in East Pakistan had started in March 1971. An Indo-Pakistan war seemed all too imminent. India’s all-out support to the Mukti Bahini was drawing her closer to direct military intervention. While the subcontinent was passing through turmoil, King Zahir Shah, the ruler of Afghanistan, proceeded to Moscow on a state visit to the Soviet Union.

( Read More... | 7298 bytes more | )