Global Capital, Empire and Argentina

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 21:14:55 PST 2001

In Empire, Negri and Hardt posit that there is no outside to Empire...we are all embedded in the nexus of global capital and there is no longer an escape route through a struggle known as "national liberation".

Now we have seen a heroic revolt in Argentina this week, but one has to wonder how even the best intentioned group that came to power could free the country from the clamps of the IMF and World Bank. Is it possible or impossible...and what are the political implications of this? I would like to hear from everyone but am especially interested in the economists perspectives.

Thomas

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx