unseating the Republicrats

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Sun Dec 23 22:26:57 PST 2001

At 23/12/01 14:58 -0800, Ian wrote:

>[when will groups in the US get intl. help to unseat the
>Republicrats?]

in the context of his post "unseating Chavez"

Not quite such a silly idea. We need more linkage between the struggle of the multitude in different countries even if they are in very different economic situations.

As Thomas notes, the demonstrations in Argentina are not entirely negative by any means, just because a national revolution against the IMF is not possible.

We need more linkage between say the demonstrators in Seattle and those in Buenos Aires.

As Thomas notes:

>We begin to see the man behind the curtain and we begin to get the idea
>that he (they) can be defeated.

Now back to the Republicans, we have a minor turning point in world history at the moment. The dominant opinion in the Bush administration appears to want a show down with Iraq within the next few months. Colin Powell is against it, as is Tony Blair and the Europeans. We are seeing an interpentetration of world politics that reflects the interpenetration of world finance capital.

Ian's question is hard to answer in the short term, but in the longer term it isvery relevant.

Chris Burford

London