A Modest Proposal for The Empire 9

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 24 14:56:42 PST 2001

>From: "Mina Kumar" <wejazzjune at hotmail.com>
>
>>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>>
>>It took nine long quotes to make what point? That some right-wingers
>>are nostalgic for 19C colonialism? What's next, an 18-parter showing
>>that bourgeois economists are insensitive to human need?
>
>... I would be entirely unable to guess at what
>the common leftist response to nostalgia for colonialism be. Perhaps
>Yoshie
>felt similarly!
>
>Anyway, I found the series useful as reference.

I mentioned to Yoshie offlist that I found the "Modest Proposal" series too depressing to read in its entirety, but I believe there was value in posting it. To think that there is so much ethnocentric savagery clamoring for mainstream attention. As I said to Yoshie, I have anticipated many vile turns of events concerning social devolution, but the unapologetic resurgence of imperialism by that very name I never foresaw.

Carl

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx