Global Capital, Empire and Argentina

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 24 09:14:53 PST 2001

>--- Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>> Wow, and I thought that among Negri's great faults
>> was that he's too
>> optimistic, too eager to see any unrest as
>> revolutionary.
>
>Yes, that Negri is too optimistic seems a more likely
>criticism, seeing as he believes that the passage to
>Empire creates a situation that optimizes the chance
>of moving beyond capitalism to COMMUNISM.
>
>Carrol is the first person whom I have met that
>actually criticizes Negri for being a pessimist.
>
>-Thomas

Rejection of national liberation (including regionalist varieties of it as advanced by Samir Amin, Pat Bond, et al) + Skepticism of Hardt & Negri's optimism = TINA (there is no alternative to capitalism and imperialism) = pessimism. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>