Yoshie: Pessimism or Optomism

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 11:25:58 PST 2001

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
> Rejection of national liberation (including
regionalist varieties of
> it as advanced by Samir Amin, Pat Bond, et al) +
Skepticism of Hardt
> & Negri's optimism = TINA (there is no alternative
to capitalism and
> imperialism) = pessimism.

No, Yoshi, rejection of nationalism = COMMUNISM.

As Doug pointed out and I agree, if anything, Negri is overly optimistic. So if you are going to criticize him, you might be more accurate to criticize him for hyper-optimism.

Please read Negri and you will see an abundance of OPTIMISM.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx