Cockburn/St. Clair: Enron and the Green Seal

Mina Kumar wejazzjune at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 25 04:21:45 PST 2001

>ravi wrote:
>
>>a valuable point, i would agree. but is there anything wrong or
>>valuless with that stance? i see value in someone (pretty assured
>>to be in the minority) playing the contrarian, keeping alternative
>>theses, even weaker ones, alive (jks might detect the pkf
>>influence in this view).

Well, chacun a son gout but I don't cut my conscience to defy this year's fashions!

Besides, the answer to your question is at the beginning of this thread: no sense of proportion, and priveleging rhetorical style over ideological substance.

And keeping alternative, weak theses alives inevitably serves one perspective on the boundaries of public discourse. Adolph Reed made this point quite well w.r.t Dinesh D'Souza's End of Racism. And everyone has some sense of what is inarguable. Or else why would Doug complain that Yoshie was making an obvious point? Right?

And no quoting from Whitman! : )

Anyway, does anyone have any refs on Operation Cherry Bomb? I know that it was discussed in teh mainstream media (Time or Newsweek) in the late 80's, but I can't seem to find a cite.

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx