A Modest Proposal for The Empire

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 10:06:55 PST 2001

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:
> Since when have you become an ascetic, though, Doug?
> :-0 The image
> of "the future life of communist militancy" in
> _Empire_ is that of
> "Saint Francis of Assisi":

Yoshie:

You have proven several things:

1) You dont know a damn thing about Saint Francis (maybe even less than you know about Negri and Hardt)

2) You will stoop to the level of pulling things out of context in order to take a cheap shot.

3) You believe that if someone, like Doug, finds a work of value he/she must agree with everything in that work. Likewise, if someone finds a work or its author repugnant, so the work must be condemned in its entirety. So since I happen to find Heidegger's work worthwhile (and I do by the way) in certain instances, I must therefore be a Nazi.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx