Subject: The innocent dead in a coward's war

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Dec 25 11:51:08 PST 2001

The U.S. claims the right to go to the Philippines, Somalia, Iraq, and some 30 or 40 other countries all in the name of fighting terrorism. Many innocent civilians will die in each of these venues.

What justifiable means are available for those who wish to oppose what they consider to be in justifiable oppression? What about the underground fighters against the Nazis? They used methods that we have to be considered terrorist.

Just what constitutes terrorism? Blowing up the Cuban airplane? Supporting the Contras or Unita?

If terrorism nearly means those violent activities which cannot get our approval, what are the implications?

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901