A Modest proposal for the Empire

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Dec 26 08:43:33 PST 2001

Carrol:

The thrust of this is probably correct, but your wording is unfortunate. Sept. 11 did _not_ reveal any "vulnerability in sitting at one's desk in a tower ruling the world," because no rulers were directly attacked.

%%%%%

CB: This may be, but are you sure ? What is your evidence ? Are you saying none of the rulers's desks are in the Manhattan financial district ? Where are they ? Connecticut ? Do they fly on commercial flights ?

There would not have to have been an actual member of the ruling class hit on Sept. 11 for them to be more fearful that they might be hit in future attacks.

At any rate, the main point I make is correct. The mental attitude of the ruling class post Sept. 11. in launching wars from its desk , as the poster to whom I was responding mentioned, is full of more military defeat than it has been for a long time %%%%%% but neither should we deny that the contradictions exist.

%%%%%%

CB: Whose denying that contradictions exist ?