A Modest Proposal for The Empire

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Wed Dec 26 20:26:56 PST 2001

http://www.counterpunch.org/robin1.html

>I read this late last night and found it >echoing much of what I've been
>saying and thinking, so be careful >everyone.

I should clarify here. About the Robin Blackburn article at Counterpunch, I agree with the author's comments on Empire. I do like this article for its comments on current affairs up through the third chapter. I find the analysis of Afghanistan and Islam very weak. Chapter 2 The Imperial Presidency and National Messianism is by far the best chapter in this almost book-length article (like the length of an Atlantic Monthly article). As for the author's proposals about what is to be done, certainly far better than anything we are going to get from Bush 2 and company.

Charles Jannuzi