Marxism and "Science" (Was: Comic Book Marxism)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Dec 27 20:07:04 PST 2001

Gordon says:

>Well, I wish you luck. I have found that the most
>unimpeachable and cogent evidence, the most irrefutable
>logic, when it does not fall upon deaf ears, is met mostly
>with gibes and asseverations of true faith. Even the kindly,
>familiar ministrations of common sense are spurned. War is
>peace, and so on.
>
>Not, of course, in lbo-talk.

Perhaps, attempts to make social relations objects of scientific inquiry matter more in conversations among leftists (= those who have already decided that capitalism cannot allow free development of each and all because it depends on exploitation and thrives on many forms of oppression) than in the public sphere in general. Conversations among leftists _are_ important, though; as leftists function as organizers of social movements against exploitation and oppressions, what many organizers believe affects directions of the movements. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>