Ah. Another malignant fuck...

Bradford DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 28 10:29:52 PST 2001

>Besides, the final returns are never in. A sustained campaign
>of successful large-scale terrorist attacks on the United
>States, spaced two or three years apart, might prove "successful"
>from certain points of view after ten or twenty years. If
>we're fortunate we won't find out the hard way.
>
>-- Gordon

But isn't such a sustained campaign of terrorism exactly what the overthrow of the Taliban (and probable future campaigns in Somalia and Sudan) is supposed to prevent? Isn't the point of it all to put governments of nation-states on notice that it is too dangerous for them to allow wholesale terrorist groups to use your country as a base?

Brad DeLong