Ah. Another malignant f.

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Fri Dec 28 18:53:06 PST 2001

>UBL: "...we calculated in advance the >number of casualties from the
>enemy, who would be killed based on >the position of the tower. We
>calculated that the floors that would >be hit would be three or four
>floors. I was the most optimistic of >them all... due to my experience
>in this field, I was thinking that the fire >from the gas in the plane
>would melt the iron structure of the >building and collapse the area
>where the plane hit and all the floors >above it only. This is all
>that we had hoped for. ...

What experience in the field did OBL have of crashing jet liners into skyscrapers? Maybe it's just bad translation, but OBL hardly sounds like the expert here. Gas instead of jet fuel. Iron instead of steel. And he is clearly talking out of his ass about what the effects would be. It seems quite plausible that whoever planned these attacks knew full well they could bring down the whole buildings, but OBL was surprised by this. As soon as the second plane hit, an engineer at a construction site for MSNBC said firefighting would be useless and evacuation was the only thing to be done since both buildings would collapse within an hour.

No one is here arguing that OBL is innocent, and he may well be seriously implicated in these events. As I said before, he probably helped brainstorm them and wrote checks for them. But for them to have succeeded so well, the fewer people who knew the better. That might well have meant keeping OBL out of the loop for the most part, especially since he was already a target for capture.

His shooting off on the videotape doesn't prove a damned thing, and may well serve OBL's purposes of confusing people as to who is responsible for what.

Does 9-11 mean so many have to lose their powers of reasoning?

Charles Jannuzi