Empire: Hardt responds

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Thu Feb 1 08:29:43 PST 2001

>So what was the movie released here as "Mad Max" called there? --jks

Er dunno. So which one is 'Road Warrior'? I thought Mad Max was shite, too - looked like a long video for some death-metal outfit to me. So I've not seen the gawd-knows-how-many sequels. I gotta admit, I seem to prefer my films in black'n'white, with the blokes wearing homburgs and trilbies, everybody smoking up a storm, and the shielas delivering themselves of plot-unifying soliloquies. Thought you lot made some beaut stuff between the late thirties and the McCarthy years, and never really came back. Come to think of it, until South Park and The Simpsons came along, I wasn't really sure America had much reason to exist after Janis died.

Well, I s'pose you did take Air Supply and Little River Band off our hands for a while during a particularly embarrassing patch ...

Cheers, Rob.