British Troops Fire Plastic Bullets in Kosovo Clash

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com
Thu Feb 1 17:32:29 PST 2001

>``The violence has been going on long enough. We will deal with
>aggressive behavior with a positive response. They have to realize
>they cannot attack KFOR soldiers,'' said Major Tim Pearce, a
>spokesman for British forces.

Now, a question: Is a "positive response" also a "progressive response"?

If no, shouldn't we be calling for NATOs' removal from Kosovo as a barrier to the just demands of Albanian Kosovars for independence?

It should also be noted in passing that rubber bullets and stun grenades were the weapons of choice (along with gallons of pepper spray and tear gas) of the Seattle Police.

-Brad Mayer, Oakland, CA