Re: Volker Schlöndorff , _The Legend of Rita_

Reese reeza at flex.com
Thu Feb 1 20:47:35 PST 2001

At 01:50 AM 2/1/01 -0500, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>Interesting. I haven't seen _The Legend of Rita_ yet, so I can't

>comment on whether savage reviews that the film received in Germany

>are justified ....

<snip>

>The reason why A. O. Scott responded positively to _The Legend of

>Rita_, I think, ....

<snip>

I'm a little lost here.

If you have not seen the film and cannot comment on it, how is it then, that you proceed in the next paragraph to give a reason why someone else might have liked it? When you've already stated you don't know what's in it and cannot critique it yourself?

Sorry, but loud klaxons are going off after reading this, am I missing something?

Reese