Mitrovica and Southern Serbia today

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com
Fri Feb 2 10:42:29 PST 2001

So the answer is, no, NATO should not depart Kosovo in the present circumstances, leaving it to become independent, or perhaps even unite with Albania, the most likely outcome.

But if at the same time, NATO soldiers are also expected to stand around passively and not resort to rubber bullets while they are assaulted, maimed and killed by Albanian partisans, then those who oppose NATO might have common ground for tactical agreement with Chris. But not a likely outcome, alas.

-Brad Mayer Oakland, CA