Sparts & Noam

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 8 14:02:01 PST 2001

Seth Ackerman wrote:

> Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> Oddly enough, I think they're right about 80% of the time,
> > but they're just so annoying that you want to cut off their mikes and
> > have them hauled out of the room.
> >
>What are they right about?

Going way back, they were right about Polish Solidarity, which they dismissed as a tool of the Church and the CIA. They're right in condemning illusions that laptop bombardiers have about humanitarian imperialism. And they're right in passages like these:

"The capitalist class runs the Republican and Democratic parties, whose main difference is not *what* they say but *how* they do it. The Republicans make no bones about being the party of 'big business' in viciously going after the working class, blacks, immigrants and the poor. The Democrats lie and do the same thing."

Doug