Zoe Heller on Arianna Stassinopoulos (Huffington)

Peter Kosenko kosenko at netwood.net
Thu Feb 8 14:30:20 PST 2001

By the way, this is precisely where I lag. Haven't yet read her books (probably because I tend to avoid "celebrities," and no, I don't lust after her), only some of the editorials in the L.A. Times. Would appreciate a more thorough analysis of her content, but her commentaries about the "prison industrial complex" and its treatment of the poor and blacks are not as bad as you might think.

There is indeed some serious ambiguity about Huffington, as there is about Camille Paglia. I agree with Doug's remark a few weeks past about Paglia being a recycler of media cliches, and I don't follow her closely, either -- deliberately.

Peter Kosenko

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Marta Russell <ap888 at lafn.org> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:06:14 -0800