Sparts & Noam

Shane T Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Thu Feb 8 21:38:12 PST 2001

Dennis writes:

> Just saw a video of Chomsky speaking about the Middle East (from
> December), and in the Q&A he was verbally attacked by a Spart,
> who was then voted out of the auditorium. Chomsky said that the
> Sparts do this all the time, "breaking up meetings" as he put it,
> and he was quite rough on the guy, who exited yelling, "You
> manufacture your own consent!"
>
> Doug, you follow the Sparts. What's with this?

In the preemptive arrest at the WB/IMF protests in DC last April, which Doug quoted Summers praise of earlier, it was the Sparts, or so claimed my friend who was among the several hundred arrested, that started an impromptu march and led demonstrators of an IAC prison-industrial complex rally into the waiting hands of the police.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.