Zoe Heller on Arianna Stassinopoulos (Huffington)

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Feb 9 09:59:23 PST 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Arianna seems like a pretty consistent libertarian to me.

I completely agree. But people who are both economically and socially libertarian end up roughly in the center on today's spectrum, no? Not avatars, but not beyond the pale, if they were hosting a popular event and gave you a forum. Which is to say, not to be lumped together under a common rubric with John Birchers and Pat Buchanan.

BTW, out of curiousity, are her politics much different from Jesse Ventura's? The basic pitch seems the same, although I don't know as much about the latter's specifics.

Michael